David Conroy

David Conroy

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Update between World Cups

So.... moving on from Koksijde.  I went to Ipswitch for Round 4 of the British National Trophy on the 28th of November.  The course was flatter than flat and gale force winds of 40km/hour were howling across the course.  I got a great start and was around 8th for the first lap, over the next few laps I lost about 10 places but came back strong on the last two laps and got back to 15th.  The course did not suit me at all so happy to have finished in 15th but still a disappointing result considering my aims.

 Next up was the Leinster championships in Swords River Valley, I love this course with its off camber switchbacks steep climbs and deep, deep mud.  I got a good start and took an early lead until I rolled my rear tyre(pattern appearing) just before the last tarmac climb.  I ran around to the pits where I put on my spare rear wheel and came back on track around 4th.  I was about 2 minutes down on the leader so had a lot of work to do.  I got it back to a minute in the next lap and passed the leader (who had got a puncture) with just over one lap to go.  I played it safe for the last lap and won with just under a minute to spare. 

Next up was the last Fixx race in Kilternan.  I had a brilliant race there last year so was hoping for a bit of a repeat.  Got a good start and rode off the front allowing me to ride my own race.  I was joined by Sean O Tuathail for a couple of laps until I lost his wheel on the flat and open field with 3 laps to go.  I was on Robins wheel for the next lap and a half until I had a major bonk, I suffered really bad for the last lap, losing a lot of time to the leaders.  Still really happy to take third behind a brilliant Sean who managed to beat Robin for first place.

Next on the list is the Namur World Cup in Belgium.




No comments:

Post a Comment